During your job interview, it’s likely that you will be asked a number of very random, annoying questions that you will find very frustrating to answer. It’s not that they are even difficult to answer, it’s the problem that there is no real correct answer. This is the key point to answering these what seem to be very random questions. There is no right or wrong answer.
Interviewers will typically ask you these random questions to find how your personality and how your brain works. With the standard interview questions, you can prepare answers, however it’s more than likely that with an oddball question you won’t have heard of it before and therefore will not have a prepared answer. The real test is whether you can think on your feet and provide an answer that will impress the hiring manager.
Firstly, don’t worry about your answer. Most interviewers don’t really care what your answer is. My advice is to be sensible and professional, but at the same time try to have some fun with your answer and show your personality.
At the end of the day, the hiring manager really does not expect you to know “How Many Traffic Lights There Are In Manhattan?” (Asked By Argus Advisory) or “How are M&M’s made?” (Asked By US Bank)
Below You Will Find 50 Odd-Ball Question Examples. Have a read through and see if you can think of a few example answers to each question.
Odd-Ball Question Examples
- What colour is your brain?
- Red or Black
- What’s your favourite song?
- Have you ever stolen a pen from work
- A Cat Walks into a room, What does he say?
- How many Dogs are in Canada?
- How many Dogs are in New York?
- Could you Climb the Empire State building?
- How do you make a Salmon sandwich
- How many doors are in New York
- Which two celebrities would you like to be your parents
- What kitchen utensil would you be?
- If you could be anyone else, who would it be?
- How would you direct someone else on how to cook a fried egg?
- How many people are using LinkedIn in New York at 2:30pm today?
- How many taxis are in New York
- How many traffic lights in Manhattan?
- How many people wear blue shirts today in the USA
- What do you think of garden gnomes?
- How would you cure world hunger?
- Name 5 uses of a stapler without staple pins?
- How would you get an elephant into a refrigerator?
- How many planes are currently flying over Kansas?
- If you were a Microsoft Office program, which one would you be?
- Pepsi or Coke?
- What color is the sky today?
- How many bottles of wine were drunk in the city over the last month?
- What’s the square root of 3000?
- How many football’s can you fit into this room
- How many golf balls can you fit into a 747 Plane
- On a scale of 1 to 10, how weird are you?
- What is the philosophy of martial arts?
- If you could be any superhero, who would it be?
- What’s you favourite movie?
- Whose the best actor in the world?
- If you a billion dollars, what would be the first thing that you would buy and why?
- You have a birthday cake and have exactly 3 slices to cut it into 8 equal pieces. How do you do it?”
- How many lightbulbs are in this building?
- If you saw someone steal a quarter would you report it?
- Is it true that the U.S. needs to eliminate its national debt?
- Without look at your watch, what is the time?
- Why do you have to go to sleep?
- Is success, as Thomas Edison claimed, 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration, or the other way around?
- Is there intelligent life elsewhere in the universe? If Yes, where?
- What, exactly, is it about good jokes that makes people laugh?
- How much of a person’s income should go to charities?
- Why, in general, do women live longer than men do?
Latest posts by Nick Jones (see all)
- Career Zone: 10 Great Entry Level Jobs You Should Consider - January 1, 2020
- How to Network Yourself A New Job On LinkedIn.com - November 6, 2019
- What Career Is Right For Me? - November 1, 2019